WORK IN PROGRESS
I’ve been working for (ahem!) some time now on an epic piece of historical fiction set during the American Revolution. It’s tentatively titled, “A True Memoir of the American Revolution” and, although it is a fictitious memoir, it tells the true story of the Revolution like you’ve never heard it.
The research and writing process have been utterly fascinating and I’ve already blogged about some aspects of the process, and some of the content. I hope to soon start publishing some excerpts and ‘out-takes’ as stand-alone articles on topics including:
- Benjamin Franklin’s Fake News
- The Negro Governors of Connecticut
- The Unknown Legacy of Benedict Arnold VI
- Charles Thompson’s Secret History of the Congress
- A Brief History of Scalping in America
- Atomic Suburbs – The surprisingly modern vocabulary of the 18th Century
- Legal and Illegal Plunder
- Washington’s Favorite Play
- Our Best Shot – Ammunition during the American Revolution
Meanwhile, for any history geeks out there, here is a comprehensive Bibliography of sources consulted during my research.