INSIDE THE ART, CRAFT AND BUSINESS OF WRITING for Film, TV, Books, Stage, Print or Digital Media (with Particular Attention to Comedy)
Greg Miller is a writer and teacher who helps writers write screenplays, novels, autobiography, non-fiction, tv scripts or anything else.
• Hourly Consulting – $
100/hr. > SPECIAL PANDEMIC RATES : Only $60/hr!• TV Script Notes – $150
• Feature Screenplay Notes – $200
• Book Notes – $300 (up to 300 pages)
• Pro Bono – Greg does a limited amount of pro bono work on projects of significant social impact for writers in financial need. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Call 323-717-4731 to discuss your particulars and schedule a session today.
Greg has pitched, sold and written projects for 20th Century Fox, Dino De Laurentiis, Vestron, Oxygen, Comedy Central, MTV, Disney and the Recovery Network. He’s read hundreds of books and scripts as a story analyst for Fox, Columbia, UA, Paramount and several literary agencies, wrote and produced audio for NPR, CBC, Sirius, Comedy World Radio, Warner Audio and his own company, Un-Cabaret Multi-Media, produced and consulted for Comedy Central, HBO, Comedy World Radio, Julia Sweeney, Randy & Jason Sklar, Mr. Show and others.
He has taught at UCLA Extension, Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Humber College, Improv Olympics, the Skirball Center, Media Bistro, Teen Canteen, PushPush Theater Atlanta, Judy Carter Comedy Workshop, the NY Institute of Technology and Story Expo LA, including many private workshops. He has worked with authors including Cecil Castellucci and Jillian Lauren, the screenwriters of “Life”, “Intolerable Cruelty”, “Bring It On”, “The Last Seduction”, writers on TV shows including “30 Rock”, “MadTV” and “Undeclared” – plus many beginning writers of all ages and the authors of numerous books including…
Greg is also the co-creator and producer behind the legendary alternative comedy show ‘Un-Cabaret’ the seminal LA spoken word show ‘Say the Word’ and the sold-out screening events of ‘The Other Network’, where worked with a who’s who of comedy writers and performers including Margaret Cho, Patton Oswalt, Michael Patrick King, Larry Charles, Judd Apatow, Merrill Markoe, Alan Zweibel, Dana Gould, Winnie Holzman, Cindy Chupack, Paul F. Tompkins, Bob Odenkirk, Taylor Negron, David Cross, Jeff Garlin, Laura Kightlinger, Beth Lapides and many more.
Call 323-717-4731 or e-mail email@example.com to discuss your writing project or schedule a session with Greg today.
– All conversations and communications about your work are 100% confidential.
– You own and retain copyright to any material discussed and any ideas generated during your sessions (including any ideas I contribute).
– After the first half-hour, time is billable by 1/4-hour.
– Time spent reviewing your material is ‘on the clock’.
– I will be happy to estimate reading/listening/viewing time if requested.
– All phone sessions must be paid 24 hours in advance.
– If phone sessions run over pre-paid time, balance is due within 24 hours.
– Scheduled phone sessions can be cancelled or re-scheduled with 4 hours notice for full credit.
– All material content discussed during our session is 100% confidential, but I retain the right to blog or write about your ‘case’ and creative process while respecting your anonymity.
– I can not offer refunds but I’m flexible about applying your credit to workshops, other products or as a ‘gift’ to others.
Awesome blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?
There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Thank you!