INSIDE THE ART, CRAFT AND BUSINESS OF WRITING for Film, TV, Books, Stage, Print or Digital Media (with Particular Attention to Comedy)
Greg Miller is…
“The best writing coach in Hollywood!” – Kelly Carlin (“Carlin Home Companion”)
Greg helps writers tell their stories, write, rewrite and edit their scripts and finish their books.
He can help you add depth, snap and perspective to any script or book – or your writing process in general. He specializes in…
– Notes on rough drafts
– Character development
– Adding comedy to any project
– Writer’s block
– Increasing your productivity
SPECIALIZED FLAT-RATE CONSULTS
Feature Screenplay Notes $250 – Analysis of your script, includes both specific suggestions for a rewrite of your current draft and a broader conversation about where this project exists in relation to your other writing projects and your the bigger picture of your writing career.
Greg has pitched, sold and written projects for 20th Century Fox, Dino De Laurentiis, Vestron, Oxygen, Comedy Central, MTV, Disney and the Recovery Network. He’s read hundreds of books and scripts as a story analyst for Fox, Columbia, UA, Paramount and several literary agencies, wrote and produced audio for NPR, CBC, Sirius, Comedy World Radio, Warner Audio and his own company, Un-Cabaret Multi-Media, produced and consulted for Comedy Central, HBO, Comedy World Radio, Julia Sweeney, Randy & Jason Sklar, Mr. Show and others.
As a teacher and coach, he has worked with authors including Cecil Castellucci and Jillian Lauren, the screenwriters of “Life”, “Intolerable Cruelty”, “Bring It On”, “The Last Seduction”, writers on TV shows including “30 Rock”, “MadTV” and “Undeclared” – plus many beginning writers of all ages.
Greg has coached clients and taught private workshops for over 10 years. He’s taught at UCLA Extension, Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Humber College, Improv Olympics, the Skirball Center, Media Bistro, Teen Canteen, PushPush Theater Atlanta, Judy Carter Comedy Workshop and the NY Institute of Technology.
As co-creator and producer behind the legendary stand-up show ‘Un-Cabaret’ and offshoots, ‘Say the Word’ and ‘The Other Network’, he worked with a who’s who of alternative comedy talent including Margaret Cho, Patton Oswalt, Michael Patrick King, Larry Charles, Judd Apatow, Merrill Markoe, Alan Zweibel, Dana Gould, Winnie Holzman, Cindy Chupack, Paul F. Tompkins, Bob Odenkirk, Taylor Negron, David Cross, Jeff Garlin, Laura Kightlinger, Beth Lapides and many more.
“I love working with writers and facilitating their creative process. I can ask revealing questions, help you find exciting answers, offer practical advice and applied solutions at any stage of a writing project.”
– All conversations and communications about your work are 100% confidential.
– You own and retain copyright to any material discussed and any ideas generated during your sessions (including any ideas I contribute).
– After the first half-hour, time is billable by 1/4-hour.
– Time spent reviewing your material is ‘on the clock’.
– I will be happy to estimate reading/listening/viewing time if requested.
– All phone sessions must be paid 24 hours in advance.
– If phone sessions run over pre-paid time, balance is due within 24 hours.
– Scheduled phone sessions can be cancelled or re-scheduled with 4 hours notice for full credit.
– All material content discussed during our session is 100% confidential, but I retain the right to blog or write about your ‘case’ and creative process while respecting your anonymity.
– I can not offer refunds but I’m flexible about applying your credit to workshops, other products or as a ‘gift’ to others.